Preparing for Coast Guard basic training is a busy time and it can be unclear as to what recruits should bring. In our Coast Guard basic training packing list we outline what is encouraged for you to bring with you.
- Arrive in comfortable weather-appropriate clothes and sneaker-type shoes.
- One small suitcase or duffel bag with your name printed clearly on it. The bag will be used to store the clothes you arrive in until after graduation.
- White v-neck t-shirts (3 each)
- Underpants (white) (6-10 pairs)
- Dark blue or black long underwear (Oct-Apr)
- Sports Bras (white/skin tone) 6 each (for women)
- Panty hose (skin tone) 1 pair (for women)
- Half slip (white/skin tone) 1 each (for women)
- Hand/body unscented lotion
- Pre-paid phone card
- Talcum powder
- Shaving kit
- Cartridge type razor only
- Feminine hygiene items
- Bible and/or 1 religious reference book
- Religious medallion worn on a chain long enough that it cannot be seen under a v-neck t-shirt
- Address book
- Stationery, envelopes, stamps
- It is strongly recommended that you bring $50.00 cash (in small bills) to cover the cost of additional items you may desire.