When you can’t think of anything to write, inspirational deployment quotes can save the day.
Not only are quotations perfect for decorating care packages, but a good quote can also make your service member’s day.
Sometimes the words of a quote are just what your service member needs to read to get through the day. Short phrases are great because it’s a sentence or two they can repeat to themselves in tough situations.
Inspirational deployment quotes are uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging. Above all, it will remind your service member you’re thinking of them and wish them well.
When in doubt about what to write, sometimes a good quote is all you need to send.
Below we picked out 15 of our favorites to get you started:
1. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “To be good and to do good, is all we have to do.” — John Adams
3. “The truth is that you always know the right thing to do. The tough part is doing it.” — General Norman Schwarzkopf, U.S. Army
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
— G.K. Chesterton
5. “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.” — Winston Churchill
6. “You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
7. “Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.” — General George S. Patton Jr.
8. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”
10. “For I know the plans I have for you … plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” — Jeremiah 29:11
11. “It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.” — Anonymous
12. “The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice.” — George Eliot
13. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
14. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” — Mahatma Gandhi
15. “We are not here to curse the darkness, but to light the candle that can guide us through that darkness to a safe and sane future.”
— John F. Kennedy
The Perfect Deployment Quotes Lift Spirits
No matter which quotes you pick, send your deployed loved one positive and encouraging words. They’ll appreciate the thoughtfulness and may refer to it many times over during a deployment.
If they let you know they love a particular quote you sent, do this: Place it on a small, pocket-sized notecard and laminate it. Then they’ll be able to keep it on them at all times.
Is your recruit or deployed service member more religious? Check out our motivational Bible verses post for ideas.
If you’re not one to research the perfect quote, just pick a few from above — they’ll be none the wiser you didn’t spend hours looking for it!
What are your favorite inspirational quotes for soldiers deployed? Let us know in the comments below.
Feature photo courtesy of Staff Sgt. Joshua Magbanua, U.S. Air Force