Director of People Operations
Who We Are
Sandboxx is a leading technology platform dedicated to finding and building solutions for our armed forces. We empower our military community through technology, community, and content to ensure that the entire military ecosystem thrives.
Sandboxx is looking for an experienced, people-first leader to guide our team through an exciting period of growth and beyond. As Director of People Operations you will be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain the team at Sandboxx. You will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities.
We want to make Sandboxx a great place to work, where we build a great team, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can make an impactful difference. Exceptional people deserve the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support. We trust our people and provide them with the freedom to make choices that work for them and their loved ones.
As Director of People Operations, you will be responsible for helping us build and support this exceptional group of people and you will need to build a People Operations team that can scale and support the company as it grows, ensuring that all staff understand how people decisions get made.
People Operations will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their organizations. This will involve, driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues and managing programs that help develop staff.
This position is a key strategic role in the company helping to grow the business and allowing us to build a unique and strong people oriented culture at Sandboxx.
- Working with the executive team and team leaders you will own all human resources related activities.
- Over time, you will build, challenge and motivate a team of Recruiters and People Operations Consultants to deliver a complete human resources capability that can scale as the company grows.
- Provide human resources support and consultation across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers and executives in all related areas and regions including: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership on people related issues and policies across the company.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change.
- 6 years of HR business partner or generalist experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent practical experience with proof of HR related qualifications and experience in best practice.
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team.
- Show an ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Equity incentive plan
- 401k with matching and sharing
- Top tier health insurance and family benefits
- Flexible paid vacation
- Paid parental leave
This position is based at Sandboxx’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Sandboxx is an equal opportunity workplace and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please just let us know.