Finance & Administration Manager
The Finance & Administration Manager will develop and lead all finance and administration efforts for the Company, and will eventually build the accounting and finance team. This individual will be working closely with our executive team and will provide tactical and strategic support in all aspects of our finances and administration. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 3-7 years of managerial accounting, financial management, HR and administration management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment. This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded while paying close attention to detail and processes.
Sandboxx is a growth stage technology company with 50+ team members and 5x revenue growth in 3 years. The candidate will have the ability to thrive in a high growth environment and enjoy working seamlessly with a close-knit team. Some background with entrepreneurial ventures is a plus, as is experience working in a mid-size company with a multi-office organization.
You will help provide the oversight necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place for the future.
Potential job tasks
- Directing all aspects of accounting and corporate administration operations
- Building and leading a best-in-class finance, accounting, and admin team; focusing on streamlined systems and processes, and sustaining growth and an excellent culture
- Developing and maintaining necessary accounting policies and systems and building an accounting department as the company grows
- Overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Overseeing stock administration
- Serving as the 401(k) administrator, managing the 401(k) audit process and filing Form 5500 annually
- Overseeing and managing the company’s finance IT system and choosing appropriate software programs & processes based on unique needs
- Coordinating corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants
- Management of tax liabilities such as sales and payroll taxes
- Ensuring that the operating infrastructure is in place to support the achievement of financial targets and long-range plans aligned with the organization’s strategic plans
- Leading financial planning, budgeting, and reporting and creating and maintaining budgeting tools
- Assisting senior executives in planning, budgeting and results management
- Interacting with the board of directors
- Developing and managing relationships with partners and investors
- Managing outside vendors
- Assist administrative coordination between product, operations, and marketing
- Collaboratively develop and maintain metrics for business success, and keep those metrics relevant to the entire organization
- Assist in channel partner reporting and invoicing
- Assist with stakeholder presentations
- Ensure compliance with Sandboxx policies, accounting, securities regulations, and other relevant rules
- Assess and maintain insurance needs as the company scales
- Help coordinate human resources and other corporate administrative tasks
Key areas of experience needed
- Experience developing scalable business processes, integrating best in class technologies to increase efficiency and ensure compliance.
- Experience with various revenue recognition policies and requirements and the ability to review and recommend improvements to current revenue recognition strategies.
- Ability to work with senior leadership to develop an annual budget and report on actual to budgeted results. Update the financial model as requested to account for significant changes in the business environment or new product offerings.
- Management of insurance policies, taxes, and general corporation administrative oversight.
The ideal candidate will have
- BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Management
- 3-7 years of experience in finance and administration roles
- CPA or relevant financial background
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and other accounting principles, laws and best practices including GAAP
- Solid experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including experience with three statement financial modeling, preparing statistical reports and making recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong knowledge of employment law
- Strong knowledge of and experience with tax processes including:
- Annual Federal Form 1120
- Annual State Forms
- Depreciation and amortization schedules (MACRS)
- States use and sales taxes (with and without Taxjar)
- R&D Tax Credit Form 6765, R&D Tax Credit Inputs/Study, 2016 R&D Tax Credit Payroll Offset
- Alternative Minimum Taxation (AMT)
- Net Operating Losses (NOLs)
- Local Gross Receipts & Payroll Tax
- Local Business Registrations & Compliance
- Capital Base Tax
- W9/1099 and W8/1042 implementation and execution
- Experience with Stripe, Paypal, Taxjar, Justworks, Google Data Studio, QuickBooks, Expensify, Bill.com, and other management/reporting platforms
- Variety of revenue recognition experiences such as products and advertising
- Military background is a plus
- SHRM membership/certification is a plus
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Can bear bad/good news quickly while staying focused on the mission and team
- Cultural fit with patriotic, military-oriented technology culture
- Ability to work in Crystal City, Arlington VA
- $120K base salary plus other incentives based on company performance
- Equity-based compensation will be commensurate with experience, and venture company norms
- Health insurance
- 401k program, with matching
- Dog-friendly office
- Great snacks, coffee, drinks, and frequent lunches
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Gym Membership at Sport & Health
- Awesome quality of life
- Service to those who serve our Country
To apply for this position fill out the form below.
If you enjoy a challenge, you can also apply by networking or connecting with a member of the team on Linkedin and have them submit your application today.