Marketing Data Scientist
Sandboxx is looking for an entrepreneurial data analyst to join our fast-growing startup. The Marketing Data Scientist is responsible for identifying and analyzing data regarding our customers and prospective customers, making recommendations, and providing insight to Sandboxx Teams in critical decision-making that drives Sandboxx and our business objectives including growth and sales. The new role will be dedicated to support the business and deliver an improved customer and/or employee experience and will include the requirements, data definition, report, dashboard design, and end-user rollout.
Sandboxx is a growth stage technology company with 50+ team members and 5x revenue growth in 3 years. Our purpose is to build content and technology that simplifies the military journey. The candidate will have the ability to thrive in a high growth environment and enjoy working seamlessly with a close-knit team.
Sandboxx supports both an in-office and remote workforce, so your location is less important than your ability to drive results.
Unique about this role
Our company has a direct to consumer focus with some B2G and B2C lines. The platform has inherent marketplace dynamics built-in. Specifically, we have both supply-side metrics as well as consumer metrics, coupled with local, regional, and national focuses. In addition, we have hyper-local targeting needs and vast amounts of data that we need to analyze in order to grow more effectively in our key markets.
- Build out the next generation of our data and growth model across the company
- Build controls, measure variants, and put in place the data infrastructure to enable us to glean insights from the data
- Build our retention and cohort model, and quickly be able to make recommendations based on insights learned
You must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team. We thrive on open communication, are not afraid to fail or take risks, and are a performance-driven organization.
The ideal candidate will be
- Sharp nose for key business levers
- Technically numerate education background (eg. Maths, Physics, Engineering or Economics)
- Care deeply about customers and story behind the data and be able to convey that story
- Understanding of data, data modeling, and skilled at reporting
- Hands-on number crushing opportunity
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of managing a BI tool
- Experience with Python and data visualization a plus
- Plus if you’ve done predictive modeling
- You understand and have built retention models and cohorts
- You can use CAC, LTV, CPM, CPC, and CRO in your models
- You’ve mastered a tool like Google Analytics, Firebase, Mixpanel, Segment, etc.
The ideal candidate will be
- Collaborate with team members as well as own growth experiments across the funnel, including A/B tests, single and multiple variant experiments
- Build reports, dashboards, and other tools to help unlock more growth across the company and our product suite
- Assist in determining future product ideas and value from our data
- Optimize our purchase funnel based on metrics
- Assist in event setup and tracking, segmentation, and tuning
- Salary & Equity-based compensation will be commensurate with experience, and venture company norms
- Health insurance
- 401k program, with matching
- Dog-friendly office
- Great snacks, coffee, drinks, and frequent lunches
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Gym Membership at Sport & Health
- Awesome quality of life
- Service to those who serve our Country
This is a fast-paced startup. We are looking for people who can thrive with some direction but can self-direct and drive results. Note: This is a full-time position remote position. Please do not reach out with agency or outsourced services.
To apply for this position fill out the form below.
If you enjoy a challenge, you can also apply by networking or connecting with a member of the team on Linkedin and have them submit your application today.